Sunday, August 1, 2010

Month After Next

We can now officially say that "month after next" will be the second run of the Ride to Cure Diabetes for The Shafer Ten Year team. For anyone interested, you can click on the photo to the left for the full album of photos from the Ride's first stop of this year in Burlington, Vermont. Back in July, Riders descended on Burlington for a weekend of riding, all for a great cause!

I am still in the process of training and amidst the heat; I was able to get two good rides in this weekend. I did a short ride Friday after work and then a longer ride early evening tonight. The heat is killer and the humidity is killer's accomplice but I guess I better get ready for the heat that is waiting for us in Death Valley! I feel good about where I am fitness wise and my legs are finally getting in shape. A little cross training may be a good thing for me so if anyone has grand suggestions for weights or other training that could benefit cyclists please let me know!

A couple of weeks ago I sent out my annual appeal letter to friends and family. I also posted this letter on the blog (
July 20th). If you have not already done so, please consider a gift to our team! I am constantly reminded of the need for a cure and with each passing day more and more people around the world are diagnosed with this dreaded obstacle in life, diabetes!

I hope that everyone has a great start to the week and if you find yourself in Knoxville, please let me know. I would love to ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment