Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Slowly but Surely

I am slowly but surely getting back into training for 2010. This year it has been tougher to get regular rides in than it was last year. I am hoping that this slowness is simply a factor of rusty wheels and that once I get going I will be on a more regular schedule.

On June 5th I plan on doing the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure event in Knoxville. This looming event is giving me some motivation to get going on training as I hope to do the 62 mile metric century ride on the 5th. I think that part of the reason my training is going slow so far is because the JDRF Ride in Death Valley is not until October and I know that I have "plenty" of time to train. Nonetheless, it is time to get in gear and get miles on the tires and time in the saddle.

Thanks for everyones support thus far and I will try to update the blog with more interesting information, more often!

Oh, one more note of interest. If you are in Knoxville, please join us this Saturday for the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes in downtown Knoxville. Registration begins at 8:30am in World's Fair Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment